Regardless of method used to brew coffee, there are common bits of information you will need to follow.
- Always use good quality water- either filtered tap or spring water. Chlorine smell or flavor will affect your brew so keep it out.
- Water should be approximately 202 degree Fahrenheit
- Grind fresh whole beans just prior to brewing, using a burr grinder (blade-style grinders are almost impossible to achieve a consistent grind particle size and consistent grind size is absolutely required to even come close to a decent brewed cup). Use the correct grinder setting on the grinder (each brew method requires a different grind particle size).
- Use a digital scale to weigh the coffee beans prior to grinding. The general coffee to water ratio for brewing is one ( 8 ounce) cup of water to .38 ounces (which is 10.6 grams or 2 tablespoons) of coffee. Also, using this scale where applicable, to weigh the amount of water you apply to the coffee grounds is best way to ensure accuracy and consistency.
- Brewing device should always be clean of any old coffee grounds or oils.
Happy brewing to you! Don't hesitate to give us a shout if you have any questions.